Effective Date: June 05, 2023
Although significant changes are rare, this policy may be amended as new features, technology, or legal requirements arise, so please check back from time to time. We’ll notify you if we make a significant change and, where required, seek your consent.
Download the app on google play store:
What information does Soundbird collect?
We built Soundbird to help you broadcast your voice. That means you can say whatever you want — we refer to that information as “Content”. We also collect and receive the following types of information:
- Basic subscriber account information. To open your account and process payments, we collect and receive basic information like your email address and, depending on how you purchase a subscription to Soundbird Broadcast your billing address and other payment information.
- Location information. We collect the IP address you use to connect to the Service, your location information from a mobile device which allows the app to work. For example your broadcast will be listed with listeners closest to you.
- Device information. We collect information about the type of devices you use to connect to the Service, as well as information about the operating systems on those devices (e.g. iOS, Android, Windows).
- Audio and video recordings. When you broadcast audio or video Soundbird will momentarily record it for the purpose of broadcasting. If you choose to record your broadcast it will be stored locally on your device. No recordings are stored on our servers and there is no way to retrieve or recover any recordings.
How does Soundbird share or disclose my information?
Soundbird is not in the business of selling your information. This is the advantage of a paid app. Here are instances when we may disclose your information — and then only the minimum information necessary to make the app work.
- We share your information with Service Providers who process data on our behalf, such as credit card processors and customer management systems. For example, these Service Providers help us:
- Operate, develop, and improve the features and functionality of the Service
- Complete your payment transactions
- Fulfill your sales and support requests
We do not share your information with any third parties for their own advertising purposes.
- You may choose to share a public broadcast and links to the broadcast. Soundbird does not record and store your broadcast. Your broadcast is live and not recoverable.
How does Soundbird use my information?
We have specific rules for how and when we use the information we collect and receive. We describe these below.
What does Soundbird do with my information?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your information. Below, we describe the ways in which we use the information we collect and receive to provide, maintain, and improve the Service; to provide troubleshooting and customer support; to protect the Service for all our users; to contact you; and to administer subscription accounts.
- We use a number of technologies to help you get the most out of the Service. These systems monitor sound quality.
- To provide troubleshooting and customer support, our Customer Support team may need to access your information, such as your account email address and information about the Soundbird application you are using, subject to the protections described below.
- As part of our efforts to protect your account and the functionality of the Service, our systems may analyze the Broadcasts you send to and from your to detect spam, malware, or other potential security concerns. If we determine that such material constitutes a Terms of Service or User Guidelines violation, we may block delivery of or unshare the problematic material, much like a spam filter works.
- In accordance with your communication preferences, we’ll occasionally contact you to announce new products and features we build for you, share tips for using Soundbird.
- If we become aware of a potential violation of our a Terms of Service or User Guidelines, we may suspend or close your account until the problematic material is removed. Under such a circumstance, we would only look at the Content in your account if you give us consent or if necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including to protect the safety of you or any other person.
To test and improve our product offerings for our users, we use aggregated data that does not contain any personal information, does not identify any person, and cannot be connected to any specific user. This policy is not intended to apply to such anonymized/de-identified data.
Soundbird Ad Policy
Soundbird does not sell or display ads.
How does Soundbird respond to legal requests for my information?
We vigilantly protect the privacy of your account. We will not disclose your information to law enforcement or other governmental authorities unless we believe it is required to comply with warrants, court orders, subpoenas, or other lawful government requests. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards of due process.
We narrowly interpret all information requests, and we only disclose Content in your account that is specifically responsive to a government warrant or where you have provided your explicit consent. In addition, in rare cases, we may share your information as necessary to investigate or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the Service, or as otherwise necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
What happens if I want to stop using Soundbird?
As described above, you can delete your account by sending a request to feedback at soundbirdapp.com and you can stop using the Soundbird service at any time.
What happens if Soundbird closes my account?
If Soundbird deactivates your account due to a TOS violation, then you may contact us to request deletion of your Content, and we will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
Where does Soundbird store my information?